Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbyes and Shots

I did my last day at Vassar this past Friday. I felt good about the way I left things. I wrote a manual for my job. Director of the Vassar Repertory Dance Theatre. It was a digital document about 50 pages long with another 100 pages of hyperlinks. It was very interesting to review my work the past 8 years so systematically. I also created a new VRDT website. http://dance.vassar.edu/vrdt/. All links connected to that page (except the VC Dance website) were created by me. I was very pleased with the way it came out. I really felt I left well.

There were several surprise parties in my honor. The best was one the VRDT dancers and Kathy Wildberger threw. I was literally kidnapped from choir practice at my church by 2 dancers and taken blindfolded back to Vassar. There was a huge party with live music in one of the studios. It was wild!

The past week Oren, Rebecca and I have been getting vaccinated for Burundi. I have had, tetanus, diptheria, menegititis, hep A and B, yellow fever, typhoid, some of them are a series. Oren has had all this and a rabies series as well. We also have prescriptions for antimalarials. The warning about possible side affects include psychotic behavior. Hmmm. We will have to be on the lookout for that.

This weekend we do our final packing of our storage pod and send it to Balitmore. Then we are off to Akron, PA for leadership training.

Oh yeah, the great news is that we have an offer on our house!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you as you go. Thanks for the update. May His Kingdom come through you. Warmly, Scott

Anonymous said...

I know I have been greatly blessed to know you! I am sure you'll be a blessing in Burundi! Hugs and balance hugs to all, love fritz!

bhempel said...

Being a missionary to a 3rd world country often requires being willing to be a pin cushion for God. Brings back pointed (pardon the pun) memories of getting ready for trips to Asia and Africa . . .

Glad to hear you have an offer on your house!

I'll be praying for you all and checking back here from time to time for news of your lives.

Bless you and thanks for all our times together,
Bruce